After worrying that we would fine nothing kid-friendly in Sonoma County during our grandchildren's annual visit, we've now discovered that there's so much to do that we can't fit it all in three weeks! Here's some of the fun events we've enjoyed:
- shopping at Andy's Produce Market so our 14-year-old granddaughter could prepare her first pesto pasta recipe from scratch.
- a trip to the Charles M. Schultz museum to immerse ourselves in Peanuts culture, followed by an afternoon of ice skating at Snoopy's Home Ice.
- river rafting, courtesy of Russian River Adventures and Grandpa. This has become an annual favorite. At over 100 degrees, we spent a great deal of time in the cool, clear waters of Russian River.
Still to come is:
- Safari West, which has amazing African wildlife in an open environment.
- swimming at either the Finley Aquatic Center or the Ridgway Swim Center.
- a hiking trip to Armstrong woods.
- a birthday party, cook-out and skiing at beautiful Lake Sonoma.
- and an obligatory trip for the world’s best burgers at The Hamburger Ranch.
- attending the 2012 Sonoma County Fair.
- a thrilling day Sonoma Canopy Tours for some high-flying zip lining.
- a trip to the Robert Ferguson Observatory for a Star Party.
There is so much to do and so little time to get it all in. Even though we might have to save some things for the next visit, we don’t expect to ever hear, “There’s nothing to do at the ranch!”